Celebrate #GivingTuesday, the global day of giving on November 28th by hosting a mini-fundraiser on Facebook to support the work of R CITY! This #GivingTuesday the Gates Foundation is teaming up with Facebook to boost the impact of charitable giving to approved non-profits.
Here are some details from the Facebook giving website!
- Timing: Donations to nonprofits made through Facebook’s charitable giving tools on November 28th will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit or $1,000 per fundraiser or donate button, until the $2 million in matching funds run out. The match will begin at 8AM EST (5AM PST).
- Fees: Facebook is also waiving processing fees for every donation made to nonprofits on #GivingTuesday. Fees will be waived for all of #GivingTuesday, regardless of when the match runs out.
What that means for us:
- Supporters interested in giving to R CITY this Holiday Season can double their gifts (up to $1,000) by donating EARLY on November, 28th through a Facebook donate button.
- Supporters can invite their friends to give to R CITY by hosting an online fundraiser through Facebook.
Want to get involved?
Hosting a fundraiser on Facebook only takes 3 easy steps!
**Note: Anyone can do this anytime- not just on #GivingTuesday 😉
- For the first step- scroll down until you see they option for “raise money” as you start your post.
- Make it personal: In your post, make sure to share why you love the work of R CITY- or how you’ve seen the work impact our youth and neighborhood!
- If you want to make sure to access the matching funds, warn your friends in the days before November, 28th- then start EARLY! The funds are only available until they run out!
- If you are planning your own holiday giving to R CITY- you can donate this way too. On #GivingTuesday usual fees from Facebook will be waived.
Contact Michelle Johnson, Communications Director: email@example.com